Unless stated otherwise, the PFEW is the Controller of any personal information collected from you.
What do we collect from you?
We collect information about our members, which is provided to us by police forces or direct from yourself. This information includes, but may not be limited to:
- Contact telephone number
- Date of birth
- National insurance number
- Warrant number
How do we use your information?
Depending on how you interact with us, we may use your information in different ways. As a member, we may use your information to:
- Contact you about Federation matters (e.g. voting, training)
- Process claims on your behalf
- Conduct statistical research
Sharing Your Information
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing without your consent.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
In some circumstances we are legally obliged to share information. For example, under a court order, but in any such scenario, we’ll satisfy ourselves that we have a lawful basis on which to share the information and document our decision making and satisfy ourselves we have a legal basis on which to share the information.
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
We do not provide services directly to children or proactively collect their personal information. However, we are sometimes given information about children while handling a claim. The information in the relevant parts of this notice applies to children as well as adults.
We use a variety of organisational, physical and IT security measures to help safeguard your personal information.
Locations of Processing
Your personal information will be stored within the EU.
When we collect from you any personal information, we do so:
- As part of our public task, as laid down in statute
- Where necessary to comply with a contract we have entered with you
- Where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, provided it is not outweighed by your right to privacy
You have the right, as may be applicable, to request:
- Access to the personal information you have given to us
- Rectification of information you think is inaccurate
- Erasure of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Restriction of or objection to our processing where you dispute information we have
- Portability of your personal information
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the DPO at the details given below.
Data Protection Officer and Contact information
Data Protection Office
Police Federation of England and Wales
If you wish to lodge a complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
ICO Wycliffe House